Thank you for registering for “Advanced biological SEM: making the most of your microscope”.
Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) is a powerful technique that can provide a wide range of information about many different types of biological samples. Traditionally, SEM has been used to produce morphological, surface images of cells, tissues, and organisms using electron signals. Advances in technology mean that SEM can also offer an expanded variety of data to the biologist, including the following.
• Ultrastructural images resembling transmission electron microscope data.
• Multi-colour electron microscopy (EM) images combining different types of signals.
• 3D data with Volume EM.
• Correlative electron microscopy data.
In this webinar we will be describing the range of techniques available to biologists and providing examples of different types of sample, from plants and tissues to cells and organelles, covering medical applications and cell biology.
Rigorous sample preparation is key for good biological research and we will discuss different methodologies along with new techniques such as NanoSuit for imaging hydrated samples. We will also discuss the practical side to SEM, including adjusting microscope imaging conditions to optimise data acquisition.
This webinar aims to provide an overview of techniques available for people interested in applying SEM to their biological research.
What you will gain:
• How to maximise the preparation of samples for room temperature scanning electron microscopy.
• Optimisation of the microscope imaging conditions to answer your research questions.
• How to make use of all the signals available to you.
Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Join The Webinar
Tue, Jun 8, 2021 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM JST
Add to Calendar: Outlook® Calendar | Google Calendar™ | iCal®
1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:
Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
Before joining, be sure to check system requirements to avoid any connection issues.
2. Choose one of the following audio options:
TO USE YOUR COMPUTER’S AUDIO:
When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer’s microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.
TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select “Use Telephone” after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5012
Access Code: 493-418-894
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar
Webinar ID: 863-932-835
To Cancel this Registration
If you can’t attend this webinar, you may cancel your registration at any time.